Saturday, April 30, 2011

JUNO vs. TWILIGHT SAGA

Movie soundtracks.
   I love listening to soundtracks, when I own them. If I don't own it... screw it.
As much as I love listening to soundtracks, I've only heard 4 or 5. I suck.
But anyways, Juno was the first soundtrack I listened to, and I fell in love w/ it. Barry Louis Polisar's "All I Want is You" makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside (so... many... metaphors!!). I start to have an asthma attack every time I sing that song. Barry must be a professional swimmer. "I Am a Vampire" is probably the most adorable/strangest track on that soundtrack. But I love it anyway.

  Next: Twilight Saga.
  To be honest, I love Twilight and Edward Cullen, and to be even more honest these soundtracks are partially how I got into indie. Eclipse, in my opinion, portrays the best tracks among the three films (though I have soft spots for "Flightless Bird" and "Full Moon" on the Twilight soundtrack, and "Slow Life", "Shooting the Moon" and "Done All Wrong" on New Moon). I was excited to see Vampire Weekend record a song for Eclipse cause, as you know, they're my favorite band. "Jonathan Low" blew me away, especially the spontaneous melody. So much is happening simultaneously, and yet it's insanely beautiful. Also, I was pretty psyched about Beck featuring for Bat for Lashes' "Let's Get Lost". That man's voice gives me chillzzzzz!! Not until recently did I listen to the Florence + the Machine's track "Heavy in Your Arms", and I highly regret that. Man, Florence has got some pipes on her!! I was surprised, but also interested, they chose a track from Cee Lo Green. What a weird mix they've got up they're sleeves, I thought to myself. But I ended up really enjoying that kind-of-beautiful "What Part of Forever". Sia's track... I have no words. It's so gorgeous and professionally simple. One of my favs. Dead Weather, Fanfarlo and David Shore's "Jacob's Lullably" are also amazing.
  So I'm done yapping about Juno and Twilight. Y'all can go back to Tweeting and Facebook-ing and blogging about better things than what you just read.
  Adieu.

No comments:

Post a Comment